Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last Day

I feel old.

Time is a gift.

But in this world, witnessing violation takes a toll on our souls.

My soul feels, tired.

Time is tempered by waves.

Laughter, bright eyes looking back at having finally seen focus.

On Saturday I return to ALTA to retrain.

The stories of some of my students are heartbreaking.

But at least for two hours, after childhoods of pain.

We honestly do try to create an environment

feel secure
can try things out in safety
needs are being meet in ways relevant and appropiate
are actively involved and engaged
see and experience they are welcomed
respected as adults and individuals in their own right

And it works, and none of us are paid.

We all volunteer our time to do this, this my third year giving of myself.

I truly hope that this attempt to turn the volunteer work into a day job, by switching to an allied health profession pans out.

Because after eight years in the financial industry.

With a pension liability that has been gambled away and pocketed.

The social fabric of our society is going to need help to cope with the anger and violence,

created by GREED.

No comments: