Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The end of the career

It has been eleven years since I embarked on my journey to a career largely in the financial sector.

However in the fall out that has hit Trinidad.

I cannot in good conscience continue to engage in this profession.

There is an undercurrent of anger, that is justified.

I have most of my working life ahead of me.

Now is the time to return to the stronghold of my forefathers.
The chinese in this country have traditionally been the first line of credit as shopkeepers. And I am surprised that the current elders are willing to bring back the old ways of sou sou and lay away plans, and be the organisers.

But my bet is on them. They didn't climb out of their villages, just like that.
It took what the current bankers with their bonus incentives, don't have.

Intuitive people sense, hard work and strategic vision for building generational wealth.

Because that's how they think, they don't care about the next fiscal, they think about their children.

That's all I had to do to get the opportunity I am now taking.

I am a good investment.

No comments: