Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trini Girl Blue

The secret to the valley is to have a simple want that can be fulfilled.

I'm in the same place, but the good thing for me is that this is familiar territory. I know the landscape.

I have a sense of direction this time, I know where I am going.

So little want.

A day at the beach. Either Corpus Christi or better if I can swing it, a beach house for Labour Day weekend.

A night spent listening to the sound of the ocean.
A day spent watching at awe at its vastness.
Knowing that it connects me to some distant shore elsewhere.

A glimmer of hope in the horizon.

The Child - Me

And when I die and when I'm dead, dead and gone,
there'll be one child born and a world to carry on, to carry on.
I'm not scared of dying and I don't really care.
If it's peace you find in dying, well, then let the time be near.
If it's peace you find in dying, when dying time is here,
just bundle up my coffin cause it's cold way down there,
I hear that's it's cold way down there, yeah, crazy cold way down there.
And when I die and when I'm gone,
there'll be one child born and a world to carry on, to carry on.
My troubles are many, they're as deep as a well.
I can swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.
Swear there ain't no heaven and pray there ain't no hell,
but I'll never know by living, only my dying will tell,
only my dying will tell, yeah, only my dying will tell.
And when I die and when I'm gone,
there'll be one child born and a world to carry on, to carry on.
Give me my freedom for as long as I be. All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me,
and all I ask of dying is to go naturally, only want to go naturally.
Don't want to go by the devil, don't want to go by the demon,
don't want to go by Satan, don't want to die uneasy, just let me go naturally.
And when I die and when I'm gone, there'll be one child born, there'll be one child born.
When I die, there'll be one child born. When I die, there'll be one child born.
When I die, there'll be one child born. When I die, there'll be one child born.

4 comments:

Viekevie said...

The first time I heard this song, actually I read the lyrics in a story in Reader's Digest years ago.

I thought it would be a sad song.

But it's not. It's a happy song.
It's a celebration of life.

GirlBlue said...

Thank you for the words sweetheart, that was very thoughtful of you, I appreciate it.

I've been trying to find the song, can't seem to get the original, there are an awful lot of Japanese covers of it however.

I just have to do like you suggest and figure out what it is I want.

Viekevie said...

Song is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUa8mbgKex8&feature=related

GirlBlue said...

thanks she has/had a very strong voice and range