Sunday, June 21, 2009

I lost

Oh well, guess I am Cat afterall

"Nothing had changed. Jule had said it: to be alive was to be disappointed.
You tried and failed and kept on trying, never knowing whether you'd ever get
what you wanted. But sometimes we get what we need.

Now I had everything to start over again, with even odds this time.
Only a fool would throw all that away.
This was the place where past and future came together:
I held them both in my hands. "

So now, I look to the future.

It is sad that it includes, leaving this country, possibly for good.

Nepotism and racial politics will kill this country.

I have finally given in. The best and the brightest, will leave for a place where they will be heard.
Where people are willing to listen, beyond prejudice and bias.

Only when we stop tearing at each other like crabs in a barrel will we realise, that the only way forward is to build on the foundations of our ancestors. Each generation.

To become a nation: a tightly-knit group of people which share a common culture.


"We are like dwarfs sitting on the shoulders of giants. We see more, and things that are more distant, than they did, not because our sight is superior or because we are taller than they, but because they raise us up, and by their great stature add to ours."

No comments: