Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why 8 - 4 ?

Notes for Footie.

  1. Always ask about flexitime at the job interview.
  2. Factor in half the cost of commuting when comparing job offers ie. take it out of the basic salary.
  3. Look for a certain degree of autonomy if you can get it. That way you can schedule your work to suit you. Negotiating this depends on experience.
    I am willing to work as and when needed, just so long as you don't mind when I take off two hours to get my hair done every other month.

3 comments:

footie said...

I'd like an 8-4. I've had a 9 to 5/whenever and however long it takes on Saturdays and Sundays job and I'm fed up.. i'd like a normal hours job now. 8-4 Mon - Friday and the weekends to myself. I hate working til 10/11 on a Saturday night and then sometimes on Sunday as well.. though I do have a lot of freedom within this job.. it's not working out. Thanks for the advice though. Let's hope I actually get interviews now

GirlBlue said...

Damn I should ask about my 2 hours off to do my hair.

The Footster needs at least 4 hours at the hairdresser, have you seen that do? ;)

footie said...

lol :S
I don't 'do the do' but I do drink mountain dew, so I guess i 'do the dew'
*holds up a bottle of Mountain Dew and smiles with pearly-whites*