Monday, January 7, 2008

Kenyan Crisis

Clearly I was feeling bored over the weekend and decided to google Kenyan Blogs to find out what is the real deal on the "humanitarian crisis".

Things I found out

Kenya had a coup in 1982.

Apparently, the underlining causes of the situation were never addressed and have once again come to a boiling point.

People in West Nairobi (the posh part) don't see the people in East Nairobi.

Just to gain some perspective Nairobi has 5 million people.

The most resonant part of what I read is this - written by a blogger about my age (twenty something).

"they forgot to give us the details in school."
How many Trinis, my age and younger, know what happened in 1970 and 1990 ?

How did our own recent history become irrelevant in the school?

Will what we have forgotten also be our undoing?

No comments: