Friday, January 4, 2008

Last night

I woke up to shot gun shots. At first I thought it was a transformer blowing. Then my sister put the light on. Then she opened the window. No lights in the sky. Not fireworks.

I never moved from my bed. Not that hearing shot guns is an everyday occurrence in this neighbourhood. Eventually I went back to sleep.

So why didn't I get up? Was I not concerned?
Actually you could tell that the shots were being fired somewhere away. ie. there was nothing for me to see. (Linda Baboolal must have thought the same, she's the reason I know I will not go without water this dry season.)

And also, like Jean in a Winter's Tale, or more to the point like Jean says.
And nobody see nuttin'.

You see we are not so far distance as you think.

1 comment:

footie said...

on your sister's part: going to the window after hearing what might have been gunshots isn't the safest thing to do.

i hope that the shots were gang related.. *cough*