Friday, September 7, 2007

Running...........

"If you leave for a better life, you will have to fight for that life where ever you arrive. You need to fight the life you want, you can only choose your battleground."

I have tried life in the north. I don't really care for it.
Trinidad has lots of problems.
A third of our population is illiterate. When I used to work at the Ministry of Education we had a big celebration when we achieved a pass rate in Maths of 43%. It was the highest in a decade!
Our water supply is erratic and gets contaminated with the sewage run off.

But everyday I get to see the hills and the sea. I get to speak in our comic bantering language, a dialect of English, and I get to eat food I love.

So problems aside, I will stay in my dinky little third world country with the civil unrest and bad water.

No comments: