Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dreamfall

I have just finished reading Dreamfall, the final in a series by Joan Vinge. I can't believe that after what Cat has gone through, Ms Vinge intended for him to end up still drifting. But we'll never know since the author had a debilitating car crash shortly after she wrote it and hasn't written anything since.

I need to find a more hopeful book, Brisingr, is next. After that I'll probably taper off the sci-fi/fantasy theme.

But this was a good time for me to read Dreamfall, It reminded of the need for compromise and well that sometimes you have to make hard choices...

"None of this would have happened. But other things would have. Maybe they wouldn't have been any better"

1 comment:

Viekevie said...

It's ten years since I made a choice due to circumstance that well........
Long story about how I ended up in my current profession.

I will never know if circumstances had been different, things would have been different yes, but Better?

"The things that make us what we are, that make our lives worth living, are always intangible and insubstantial. The best that we can hope for is that someday, somewhere a random cast off dream might ease someone else's pain or live on in someone else's memory"