Saturday, November 10, 2007

Policia Nos Matan

I really did intend Policia Nos Matan as a joke. No really, whatever my grouses with the still current administration, in the time honoured Trini style of picong, I set up Policia Nos Matan.

The sad thing is the police have killed two people in the three days I started the lista de asesinados.

Now I have heard the rumours just like everyone else that the police are also responsible for the kidnapping. Indeed I remember it being confirmed somewhere that people are in fact being kidnapped in police cars, never to be heard of again.

That is the difference between a secuestro y un desaparecido, a desaparecido is when the government makes you disappear.

I am reading Imagining Argentina, I fail to comprehend how an entire society can decide to become blind "Debe ser por algo", even as I am witnessing it with my own eyes.

It's not just Cabybara that cross the Gulf.

No comments: