Sunday, November 11, 2007

My pension plan

Seeing as I don't have confidence in this Maniac de la PNM I need a vehicle to move my money out of this doomed economy and attempt to preserve some wealth.

Anyone who thinks the UTC and it's Energy fund is anything but a mechanism for Maniac to get more of your money to do tief, is deluded.

So how do you do it.

Simple decided how much you are willing to risk in this crap currency- my personal limit is three times my monthly income and nada mas.

The rest I will be syphoning off to a foreign currency denominated but locally domiciled product. In my case SavInvest US Income and Bourse Euro Money Market. These are the two highest yielding products for instant access on the market at present. at 5.75 and 3.7 respectively.

From there on accumulation of the minimum to deposit lumpsums into my offshore pension fund (Skandia), hopefully every six months.

And that will be my pension fund.

Not one of the crappy annuity products offered by Tatil, Guardian, Clico & co denominated in TT Dollars which will lose value as I breathe.

1 comment:

Frances-Anne said...

Hey,
Thanks for the list of Trini Blogs. I can't wait to start reading...
And - thanks for the comment the other day, I only just saw it. Yes Dan is my bro. As for if he can use a Winter Tale with youth in Trinidad... I still am not convinced it's relevent...conditions are so different from in Canada. Hope to meet you sometime. xx