Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Trini's annoy me

More specifically Trini Bloggers annoy me.

They are not making the link between what happens here and happens with our neighbours.

Venezuela - Is it a coincidence that on a per capita basis we have matched the escalation of homicides?.

Barbados - Increased militarism

Anguilla - Foreign immigrants and dubiously awarded government contracts

And these are just a few...

I see it as essentially we are pawns in a much bigger game.
Our piece (ie pawn) will not change irrespective of who forms the next government.

Would any government turn down the PSIP funds offered by the IDB?

Is it the IDB's fault that the PSIP structure has been used as a vehicle to facilitate corruption?

Well if I was a Bank I wouldn't lend more money to someone with this type of performance (See Table 16).

But let me digress. Everytime I go searching for supports on the IDB website I keep getting the Citizen Security Programme - This actually freaks me out more.

I remember standing on the pier by the Bocas in Argentina and a nice Argentinian telling me about how people used to get thrown out of helicopters during the dirty war.

The August Budget allocated the highest every spending to the Military under National Security TT$4.4 billion. It tops, Health and Work and Transport (page 44).

A wise friend (Guatemalan) told me, when I used to be gun ho for a state of emergency; Have you ever considered that they (TTDF in this case) might like those powers? May be creating a situation to warrant getting the power to act with impunity (legally) and may not give them back.

Chavez is a general, trained and breed military man.

Hablaremos español pronto!

No comments: