Saturday, January 31, 2009

Game Plan

After the panic subsides, it's time to form the game plan.

The game now is capital preservation. Time to rebalance portfolios and reassess risk ratings.

Rule number 1. Take care of yourself first. A financial advisor is of no use if they are worried about themselves, subliminally affecting their decisions.

Rule number 2. Don't panic. In a market this small it is easy to crash the system. I need to have my game face ready by monday, which means I have to sort myself out.

New currency distribution - 33% in foreign currency. Had this underlying rule but given poor rate of return, got greedy and overbalanced on the TT side.

Rule 3 - Obey your best rule of thumb.

Rule 4 - Even spread TT risk between institutions, overbalanced on this as well. See rule 3.

Alright time frame

Carnival is here, whilst diminished there should be enough FOREX flowing in the system for my purposes. So rebalance by carnival.

No comments: