Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chinese school

I have been quite enjoying watching " Chinese school" on BBC.

However, I do worry at how hard these students seem to be pushing themselves. Although I know there must be a greater number of slackers who were not profiled.

Having also been very study oriented myself, I do wish that I had failed if that meant enjoying myself with wanton abandon.

I wish I had spent more time doing in my youth even if it changed my CV.

1. - Cooking,
My skills remain rudimentary at best and many of my mother's recipes have died with her. For this I will happily take four I's instead of seven.

2. - Planting trees,
If I had spent time planting trees ten years ago I would have a ten year head start in my alternative retirement plan as well as reducing my carbon footprint. For this I would take a II in English A and a III in English B.

3. - Hiking around Trinidad,
I wish I knew had seen more of this tiny island so I would have a memory given how fast it is changing. I give up Biology completely to know the taste of the soil, the phases of the moon and how to track tattoo.

No comments: